I am compiling some source that is linked to two packages. One is OpenCV and the other is a driver library for an infrared camera. The company only provides a 32-bit version of the library via an rpm package. I compiled OpenCV from source and it's libraries are installed in /usr/local/lib64. I am running Fedora 18 64-bit version. Here is my CMakeLists.txt: CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6) PROJECT(xeneth_test) SET(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULES_PATH} /home/sam/Documents/common/CMakeModules) SET(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/bin) SET(LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/lib) SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS "-m32") FIND_PACKAGE(Xeneth REQUIRED) INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${LIBXENETH_INCLUDE_DIRS}) FIND_PACKAGE(OpenCV REQUIRED) #GENERATE EXECUTABLES ADD_EXECUTABLE(myXenethTest src/myXenethTest.cpp) TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myXenethTest ${XENETH_LIBRARIES} ${OpenCV_LIBS}) When I run make I get: Scanning dependencies of target myXenethTest [100%] Building CXX …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 2

I recently received a new 64-bit laptop and is my first endeavor into 64-bit computing. I installed all my usual packages through yum (I am using fedora 64 bit) and it downloaded all the 64-bit versions of the packages. I went to install an rpm packaged by years ago by a colleague at my university and the installer notified me that I had to install the 32-bit versions of about 40 dependencies (the dependencies of the dependencies as well). Now I have a lot of questions and can't find the answers. I would appreciate some feedback on my two largest …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 1

I am writting a driver for a GPS unit in linux. I can set on the GPS unit what data it should send out it's ethernet port. The data is arranged in structs of different sizes depending on what it is. For example one packet could be for the GPS solution (containing position, velocity, and orientation data). Another packet could be error information. Regardless, each packet starts with a unique ID. So what I want to do is abitrarily read in all packets from the unit and parse them as they come in depending on the packets unique ID. I …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 4

I am trying to change assign the pointer "c" to the pointer "a" below using the function "change()", but I am doing something incorrectly, not exactly sure. The direct assignment within the main() function works (ie a = c), but does not work using the change function. [CODE] void change(float (*d)[3], float (*e)[3]){ d = e; } main(){ float (*a)[3], (*b)[3], c[3][3]; int i, j; for(i = 0; i < 3; i++){ for(j = 0; j < 3; j++){ c[i][j] = 5; } } //a = c change(a, c); for(i = 0; i < 3; i++){ for(j = 0; j …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 2

Hi everyone, I am working on a 3D viewer using libQGLViewer. In all of the examples provided, the main function looks something like this: [CODE] int main(int argc, char** argv){ QApplication application(argc, argv); Viewer viewer; #if QT_VERSION < 0x040000 application.setMainWidget(&viewer); #else viewer.setWindowTitle("pointCloud"); #endif viewer.show(); return(g_qApplication.exec()); //waits for Esc } [/CODE] The application and viewer objects need only be referenced in the main loop for all of the examples provided, but for my program, I need to call a function viewer.updateGL() that exists outside the main loop. So I made viewer global. This was not OK, QApplication complained because it needs …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 4

I am working on some image processing ideas and I want to implement them using pthreads. Here is an example I came up with just to make sure that the threads were actually doing what they were supposed to be doing. It just increments the values in an array and prints the run time. There is also a serial version of the incrementing function just to show the benefits of the pthreads. The program is getting hung up though and I am not sure why or how to fix this. It is labeled in two locations (same error) as "FOO". …

Member Avatar
Member Avatar
+0 forum 2

The End.