Hi. Thank you for the replies. I think I have resolved my initial problem... well I've got to the next error message anyway. I did not realise that I had installed PHP 5.6 with a thread-safe dll, which meant that I needed to enable to relevant thread-safe sql server driver for my version of PHP (5.6).
I was side-tracked by reading somewhere that I needed to use the non-thread-safe driver if I was connecting to a Microsoft SQL Server, so I hadn't even attempted to enable the thread-safe drivers in php.
Remember. If you've got PHP5ts.dll in your PHP directory, you should use the two drivers (php_pdo_sqlsrv_56_ts.dll, php_sqlsrv_56_ts.dll).
The pdo_sqlsrv option is now showing as enabled when I use phpinfo().
LastMitch commented: Thanks for the nice update! +11