Ok so I have an Algorithim Verification assignment I need helpfiguring out this is my first time to daniweb and I have heard nothing but great feedback from my peers! I have to have in by Friday 12/5

Answer the following questions about the information in Appendix J:
o What will be printed if the input is 0?
o What will be printed if the input is 100?
o What will be printed if the input is 51?
o What will be printed if the user enters “Wingding”?
o Is this design robust? If so, explain why. If not, explain what you can do to make it
robust.
o How many levels of nesting are there in this design?
o Give a set of values that will test the normal operation of this program segment.
Defend your choices.
o Give a set of test values that will cause each of the branches to be executed.
o Give a set of test values that test the abnormal operation of this program segment.

APPENDIX J

Consider the following selection statement where X is an integer test score between 0 and 100.

input X

if (0 <= X and X < 49)
output "you fail"

else if (50 <= X and X < 70)
output "your grade is" X
output "you did OK"

else if (70 <= X and X < 85)
output "your grade is" X
output "you did well"

else if (85 <= X and X < 100)
output "your grade is" X
output "you did great"

endif
output "how did you do?"

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

ok we see your assignment, what have you done so far, what are you having trouble with?

I spotted several problems, I believe you're suppose to rewrite the algorithm?

this is my first time to daniweb and I have heard nothing but great feedback from my peers!

And did your peers also mention that help is only given to those who demonstrate some effort?

Need help with what happens when a user enters wingding

Yeah. This is a 5 year old question, to which the correct answer should have been "Do your own homework idiot!"... :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.