Hi,
I'm preparing a presentation about bluetooth, can i get a little help about mechanism and working of bluetooth. How one device connects to another through bluetooth?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You mean there is NO information on the web at all?

Have all your search engines returned zero results, or just biographies of some Viking?

commented: Wasn't that bluebeard? ;) +14

Different wireless systems sharing the same frequency band and operating in the same environment are likely to interfere with each other and experience a severe decrease in throughput. We consider IEEE 802.11 WLANs and Bluetooth-based WPANs, which operate in the 2.4 GHz ISM bands. We propose two coexistence mechanisms based on traffic scheduling techniques, which mitigate interference between the two technologies. The proposed algorithms can be applied either when 802.11 and Bluetooth are able to exchange information as well as when they operate independently of one another. Results show that through the proposed coexistence mechanisms the interference between 802.11 and Bluetooth can be reduced and the throughput of the two systems is significantly improved at the expense of a small additional delay in the transfer of data traffic.

802.21 is an IEEE emerging standard. The standard supports algorithms enabling seamless handover between networks of the same type as well as handover between different network types also called Media independent handover (MIH) or vertical handover. The standard provides information to allow handing over to and from cellular, GSM, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth, 802.11 and 802.16 networks through different handover mechanisms.

The IEEE 802.21 working group started work in March 2004. More than 30 companies have joined the working group. The group produced a first draft of the standard including the protocol definition in May 2005. The letter ballot process began and subsequent revisions to the draft are in progress as of September 2006, with almost all comments resolved.

commented: Old thread -2
commented: Another spamming limpet matching keywords to post pith and links -4

Hello

Can we have discussion on Software Testing Tools like QTP or IBM RFT on Daniweb. I feel it will be wonderful & beneficial to the testing community as well.

Start a thread on it if you wish to have such a discussion. Posting it on the tail end of someone else's thread on Bluetooth won't attract much participation.

commented: Well said +29

Start a thread on it if you wish to have such a discussion. Posting it on the tail end of someone else's thread on Bluetooth won't attract much participation.

Thanks Ezzaral,

I got great encouragement from you for starting a discussion on Software Testing / Quality Assurance, especially in a forum dedicated to software development. Thanks once again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.