I'm doing an individual final year project using IBM Aglet, JRun and J2ME. The topic is "Mobile agent shopping system", better with some theories. I have no idea about what types of application should be done. Initially, I intended to build a system for the customers to search for the products in a shopping mall with data mining recommendation(e.g. association-Apriori), but my supervisor want me to give him a new idea because previous students has built similar application (but using classification in data mining).

My supervisor has another 3 students doing the same project, but one of them doing a restaurant reservation system, another one has many multimedia in his system. The last one - I don't know. It seems that my project has no "selling points". I don't want to think of a quite complicated one as my programming skills are not so good. But the big problem is the project is restricted to a shopping mall. There is not much can be done. The project will be handed in 2 months later. I'm afraid that I can't hand it in on time. Does anyone have any suggestion on the topic. I have thought of this many times, but my supervisor still does not satisfy with it.

Please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

hifriend i have same problem i want to post my thread but i don't knowhow to post it plz send me mail at <snipped email> tht how to post thread

thank u

I'm doing a restaurant reservation system as well with data mining capabilities. Can you, if possible get me the details of what the other student is doing, objectives etc.
I could use the idea

After two years and his last login was Jun 1st 2005 2:22 pm I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response. It really does help to look at post dates...

After two years and his last login was Jun 1st 2005 2:22 pm I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response. It really does help to look at post dates...

Oh yeah, now that you mention it... i noticed the date :)
I was just desperate to find any information asap.
Next time i'll just stick to reading posts and starting my own threads ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.