i am student of computer science. i take my final year project this semester and i do not have any project title. i will like to do some web-based system.Can you give me some title?

hailekiros commented: about title collage +0

Recommended Answers

All 34 Replies

i hope you can reply me by today.

I did mine in Online Health care systems.

Can do something on Knowledge Management (Electronic Content Managment), can start off with your University for instance.

hi,
i'm also in the same position you find yourself.if you come across any idea please let me know.
but i've got this idea, i want to write on some software developments.i like networking and love web design( i can design web site using html) but i guess those things are old fashioned in some ways,so if you have any stuff for me please let me know.:idea:

i am about to start my final year project.......... but didn choose a title yet......
So could you help me in choosing a project title in software engineering(I.T) field........
that too if possible today..............

You can choose a data mining kind of work as your final year project.

"why so many kids are incapable of thinking for themselves even in their final year at school".

And start with yourself, do a thorough analysis of how you come to be incapable of original thought.

> i am about to start my final year project
Are you on the course because you wanted to be, or because someone told you to take it?

Is there nothing which has ever taken your interest, or have you just blindly done the assignments because they were in the way of your social life?

People who create the future don't go round asking "what should I do on my final year project".

"Computer-based diagnosis of hearth diseases using x-ray imaging techniques and neural networks" sounds cool for me

I have chosen a client server chat program for my Software Engineering project. Something like MSN but less fancy. Something i can build in a week or 2... or 3.

hi i'm in my final year n now f too do my project.Is there anyone can give me any suggestion on what topic i have to do????i'm computer science major in networking.i want a topic that not that tough but suitable for an individual project.Can anyone please help me with this coz i have to summit my proposal rite now by this week..........

hi i'm in my final year n now f too do my project.Is there anyone can give me any suggestion on what topic i have to do????i'm computer science major in networking.i want a topic that not that tough but suitable for an individual project.Can anyone please help me with this coz i have to summit my proposal rite now by this week..........

Here's something i had as a project for computer networking. It was a 2 person project which had to be done in 2 weeks.

Using java, we had to build a peer to peer application, which runs on an ad-hoc network. The application running on a machine listens to the microphone and if it hears a clap, it sends a broadcast to all peers, each peer being another machine having wireless capability, doing the same. Of course, to send the message to all, peers have to forward the packet to each other so that out of range machines (from the source) may also get it.

You need to work with java sound, sampling, analyzing frequencies with fourier transform... plus multicasting and datagram packets. You need to identify a clap, not just any sound.

It's a cool thing to do. Sounds hard maybe, but's it not. It has to do with wireless sensory networks, in this case, each computer acting as a wireless sensor or a node.

> Can anyone please help me with this coz i have to summit my proposal rite now by this week
Perhaps you could implement the TTTP (that's Temporal Tunnelling Transport Protocol). It's the nifty thing which allows you to send messages back in time.
Use it to send a message to yourself to not leave things to the last minute.

> i want a topic that not that tough but suitable for an individual project
Wouldn't want to overstretch and risk failure now would we :icon_rolleyes: #include <std_gripe_about_students_being_incapable_of_thinking.h> Of course, the idea of a final year project which takes 2 weeks is completely comical.

Of course, the idea of a final year project which takes 2 weeks is completely comical.

You got me wrong. That was not a final year project. I was just suggesting it, since working alone would take more time to finish it. Plus, it is relatively a big work, so it does work as final year project.

So your 2 people for 2 weeks would be 4 weeks for 1 person. Still not enough for a final year project which should be at least a semester in duration IMO.
I mean, if you didn't build the hardware yourself, and used every library you could get your hands on, it would not be that interesting.

Actually, you wouldn't spend a semester coding. You'd have to go through all the software engineering phases, which takes time as you have to hand in reports and get feedback. That should take a semester to complete. When i said 2 weeks, i meant research and coding, without writing requirements or spec...

Plus, it depends on the professor, how big the final year project need to be.

So your 2 people for 2 weeks would be 4 weeks for 1 person. Still not enough for a final year project which should be at least a semester in duration IMO.
I mean, if you didn't build the hardware yourself, and used every library you could get your hands on, it would not be that interesting.

4 weeks means 20 staff days, one can code 2000 lines of code provided design,project setup are ready, so that could be a small final year project assignment. But I guess most people download readymade projects and modify here and there so that they do not get caught copying their homework.

long live Tara Babazon!!!!!

hi
i am in my last year as well and there's still time for me in deciding my final project but i am a single mom and i need to work+ study and take care of my kid all at once. PLUS i am continuing my last year after 2 years break so its a little harder than i thought i would be. i would really appreciate any kind of help with my final project. i was thinking about an animated website in flash. i know its an old fashioned idea but i am thinking of this as the country i live in , its still not that popular so it can be used in real time.
Feel free to contact me if u think u can help me with my project just by guiding me and sharing your ideas. thanks
L@mees

"why so many kids are incapable of thinking for themselves even in their final year at school".

And start with yourself, do a thorough analysis of how you come to be incapable of original thought.

jwenting we knows that u are pro even is the admin for this website.. how ever we are here to ask for help,asking for discussion and try to get some comment from those ppl who had work or pro on programming.. we are just students, we doesn't have any guidelines and not every person has the innovation mind like you, if u are not trying to help up then please not to step on us, thats not engaragement, thats looking down on us. thanks for ur "Helpful comments"

hi
i am David in my final yr in computer science. now i wuold kindly be begging you to help me do my project. pliz you can help me with a project titles majorly in datadases and may be networks.
I live in a country were IT is still at its grass root.(africa,uganda).pliz help me to get started.

i am student of computer science. i take my final year project this semester and i do not have any project title. i will like to do some web-based system.Can you give me some title?

hi,
u can create a website for online shopping for eg some online bukstore with the administration n management part.
or u can go for stocks market , e-market etc.
bye.....

For web project ideas and titles :
http://www.csreference.net/webprojectideas.asp

commented: Crasher left 4 years ago, check relevant post dates before rushing in -6

VIRTUAL SHOPPING CENTRE

I this you can include Textile materials and jewels

commented: Dragging up useless threads to make useless comments. -4
commented: Another "me too" bozo with nothing to say, and way too late saying it -6

VIRTUAL SHOPPING CENTRE

I this you can include Textile materials and jewels

For such website projects, you will need a lot of good web programming skills like asp, asp.net of php.

One project would be to create photo hosting website. users will get registered and upload photos for making it available publicly.

you can add your own unique ideas to make it different than other photo hosting websites right ? ;)

you may need good asp or asp.net skills including javascript.

If you can create such a photo hosting website, then i have one domain for you to work on. but i cannot provide any certificate and all. but atleast you will get a 'live' website to work on right?

commented: Stop dragging this back up - it was useless to begin with. -4
commented: *swing*, and another miss! -6

Hi there can you explain to me how to write an algorithm for the following questions

1) A client -server printing application allows a user to ssend print jops via a client to print server. the server will replay with the massage "jop printed" whrn the jop has printed. write an algorithm for the client and the server that show how a client can send a generic printJob to the server make sure that you support your algorithm with a short discussion describing how they work you may assume that the printer will always print the job.
2) In client -server application there are Five principle points of failure. Difine and briefly discuss the implications of each of these to the client and the server.
3) In the client-server printing application, discuss printing application, diacuss if it possible to print a printjop EXACTLY ONCE if there are communication fault (note client or server crashes). Support your answer using modified version of your algorithm (a)

Many thanks

commented: No, you'll have to finish your own homework. -4

hi im final year student of computer science and engg.i hav to decide my final year project topic .so plz if u hav any idea just help me out.

commented: You don't read too well do you? -7
commented: He doesn't write well either -4

I am graduated student in compuer science can u give some hit in project titile.

commented: How about spelling? -3

Mine was an online scholarship program. Where students who wants to apply can apply anywhere and can take the scholarship examination at their convenient places.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.