I have been learning Programming since the last year. I know C, C++ Java. I want to code some short but interesting programs, which would help me.
Anything like magic odd square thing?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Try Robocode! It's a fun way to practice your programming skills (in JAVA) it's addicting and you can even join competitions to battle against the robots develop by other users.

http://robocode.sourceforge.net

I have been implementing a learning algorithm with my robots :)

Thanks!
I liked Robocode. Anything else like it?

A Brainfucck interpreter. (I misspelled the name of the language btw.)

An enjoyable one, make an activity recorder, so it records your mouse and keyboard activity and plays it back at different speeds. I did it once (attached), might be an idea for you.

Or were you looking for something more graphical / fun.. :P

An enjoyable one, make an activity recorder, so it records your mouse and keyboard activity and plays it back at different speeds. I did it once (attached), might be an idea for you.

Or were you looking for something more graphical / fun.. :P

hey nice program!
few days ago i had tried JitBit recorder, which does the same thing and loved it. But your program is even better, simple and nice.
How can can i make it?
Can i use C for it?
Thanks!

I'd supply you with the source code, but that would take away the fun in it, wouldn't it? :icon_cheesygrin:
I used C++ to make this, there's 4 things I used most:

• Threads
  • Vectors
  • Windows Hooks
  • Timers, mainly the Sleep function

But if you want the code, I'll give you it.

I'd supply you with the source code, but that would take away the fun in it, wouldn't it? :icon_cheesygrin:
I used C++ to make this, there's 4 things I used most:

• Threads
  • Vectors
  • Windows Hooks
  • Timers, mainly the Sleep function

But if you want the code, I'll give you it.

haha..
I'm a newbie with application building.. but I wouldn't like to copy from the source.
I will definitely try it out!

I'm a newbie with application building.

In that case, here's the project, this is way past your level of coding :icon_lol: You can still give it a shot, but the code's there if you want it.

In that case, here's the project, this is way past your level of coding :icon_lol: You can still give it a shot, but the code's there if you want it.

great thanks! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.