Hello everyone,

I don't know much about programming. But, I'm looking for a programming language (to run on my computer, not online) that can do these things:

-Send cursor to set coordinates and click
-Copy and store information
-Perform calculations (multiply, divide, etc.) based on information that it gathers

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hi snarb and welcome to DaniWeb :)

Your criteria are a little vague.

-Send cursor to set coordinates and click -> not sure what you mean here.
-Copy and store information -> if you mean permanently, then you need a language which can either write to a file or to a database. That is, nearly every language available. If you mean just while your application is running, then every language available.
-Perform calculations (multiply, divide, etc.) based on information that it gathers -> every language I can think of can do this, these are fundamental functions of a computer.

try win32.

Hi snarb and welcome to DaniWeb :)

Your criteria are a little vague.

-Send cursor to set coordinates and click -> not sure what you mean here.
-Copy and store information -> if you mean permanently, then you need a language which can either write to a file or to a database. That is, nearly every language available. If you mean just while your application is running, then every language available.
-Perform calculations (multiply, divide, etc.) based on information that it gathers -> every language I can think of can do this, these are fundamental functions of a computer.

By sending the cursor and clicking, i mean that i want to send the cursor to a specific point on the screen and get it to click(as if clicking with the left mouse button). I only need it to store information while the program is running. However, I need to copy information (as if to be followed by a paste) and have the program read this and then make decisions based on that information.

Hope this clarifies it.

This may be difficult to understand. I want the program to run the computer based on the decisions the program makes. When certain parameters are met, then click in a certain place on the screen. I hope that makes sense. Please, need help fast. If you have questions, please ask so I can find out sooner. I want to know what languages can do this? And which would be recommended to learn?

Thanks alot in advance.

Hi snarb,
I can't think of any languages that can't do what you are asking. The functions that you require are fairly basic. Just about any of the modern languages will do. It really depends on what else you require from your programs. For example, if you require a language that uses low runtime memory, perhaps C would be a good start. If you require a language that can be run on any platform, try Java. If all you require is what you have already specified then literally any language will do.

It sounds like you're trying to make a virus. Please prove me wrong, or I'll have to close this thread and ban you :)

commented: I was thinking "click fraud" with the first requirement, but close enough for cookies +18
commented: I was thinking "poker bot" but hey. -1

It sounds like you're trying to make a virus. Please prove me wrong, or I'll have to close this thread and ban you :)

I am trying to create a program that can play an online game for me. I basically just want the program to be able to take information from the game and make decisions based on that information and then click on certain parts of the screen as a response. It is just for fun. I just want to see if it is possible and how difficult it is.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which language I should learn based on what I want to do?

First thing which comes to mind is Silk. However it costs fortune, so look for free frontend QA tools. I am not an expert in QA, and can't recommend any.
If your games are browser-based, and you use extensible browser like Firefox or Chrome, study their extension mechanisms.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Sounds kinda complex.

You might even have to consider the realms of image/character recognition which gets into AI...

Maybe Assembly might be able to do it...but you'll have to get really good at it.
Assembly can interact with your hardware devices, its really low level.

You can use any general purpose language. Good luck.

This may be difficult to understand. I want the program to run the computer based on the decisions the program makes. When certain parameters are met, then click in a certain place on the screen. I hope that makes sense. Please, need help fast. If you have questions, please ask so I can find out sooner. I want to know what languages can do this? And which would be recommended to learn?

Thanks alot in advance.

try macro expert. think its called that i use to have it.
you can program it to move the mouse around the screen and click any were you want. store and edit data its basically a human in the computer lol
i use to use it for msn if i was having a work meeting on there i would program this to log me in and type to my friends telling them that im am not here.

You dont need loads of programming skills its a drag and drop system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.