ok so i have to make a flow chart for the follwing data given: The summerville telephone companycahrges 10 cents per minute for all calls outside the customers area code that last over 20 mins. All the other calls are 13 cents per minute. DEsign a flowcahrt for the following: A program that accepts data about one phone call: customer area code(three digits), customer phone number(seven digits), called area code( three digits), called number(seven digits), and
call time in minutes(four digits). Display the follwing number, called number, and price for the call.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ok so i have to make a flow chart for the follwing data given: The summerville telephone companycahrges 10 cents per minute for all calls outside the customers area code that last over 20 mins. All the other calls are 13 cents per minute. DEsign a flowcahrt for the following: A program that accepts data about one phone call: customer area code(three digits), customer phone number(seven digits), called area code( three digits), called number(seven digits), and
call time in minutes(four digits). Display the follwing number, called number, and price for the call.

I would recommend a finite state machine chart. If you do not know them try "Structured Design" by Yourdon and Constantine.

achadya is right. You will want to have at least three states: (default), (minutes gt 20), (area not local). You may want one or several more states. You should think about which transitions, which order, and final states.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.