Hello everybody....
I am presently doing a project which involves secure file transfer. I want to implement The Tiny encryption algorithm in it(TEA). However I donno how it works.:(..........
Can anyone explain how it works?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can also try using Base64, also known as MIME encoding, translates binary into safe text. It is used to send attachments in email and to change small bits of unsafe high-character data into stuff that is a lot nicer for text-based system.

What. Base64 is not a cryptography algorithm.

Thanks for the link but the information in the posted link has been insufficient, as I could not understand the concept of the algorithm fully :?:...........
Can you suggest any name of the book comprising elaborate description of TEA?

I'm not sure what more you want. The wikipedia page has all the information you need to understand TEA, with links to papers/websites that provide even more information.

What you probably need is a better basic understanding of block cyphers.

Get Bruce Schneier's seminal book "Applied Cryptography". It will help you get a much better understanding what cryptography is and what cryptographic algorithms are.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.