Hi,

I want to start my final year project before the start of third year. The area I am interested in includes programming (Java, C# & python), web development, Databases and Networking. The project must be of a engineering type meaning I must outline a problem and find a solution for it. Can anyone suggest a novel idea or if there are any business present on this forum with a real world idea, I would be interested to know. Please make sure any suggestion must be suitable and small enough so that it can be completed within a 6 month period.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I need a program to plot routes for my salespeople. The program should take an arbitrary set of cities that should be visited on a given tour of sales, and plot the cheapest itinerary. I don't mind if they have to make a lot of connections, but I want to ensure that I'm sending them on the cheapest route that covers all of the cities, visiting each exactly once. (I don't want to send them back to Omaha if they've already been there). It is a requirement that it be demonstrably the cheapest available route - this is something our investors insist on.

Why don't you run that by your professor and see what he says?

I need a program to plot routes for my salespeople. The program should take an arbitrary set of cities that should be visited on a given tour of sales, and plot the cheapest itinerary. I don't mind if they have to make a lot of connections, but I want to ensure that I'm sending them on the cheapest route that covers all of the cities, visiting each exactly once. (I don't want to send them back to Omaha if they've already been there). It is a requirement that it be demonstrably the cheapest available route - this is something our investors insist on.

Why don't you run that by your professor and see what he says?

I think that's called a variation on the Travelling Salesman Problem! You're just substituting "cheapest" for "shortest" route... :-)

Shhh, I want him to solve it and accidentally get a Fields medal... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.