Hello Daniweb Users!

I'm taking a Programming Logic course next semester, and I'm curious as to what kind of topics we'll be covering. The course will be using the BASIC programming language for its examples and evercises, which I've never worked with. I'm fairly new to programming, but I've done simple programming such as bat & vbs scripting, and I'm very comfortable with analysis of different formats of source code.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to your replies :D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

however the world of technology is growing at its hights you may concern towards new trends of business and space. if you want to develop your logic, you can by just learning some old novels. think urself as a boy and dream as high as you can.
for example
new addition to the technology will be the idea of ""eating through eyes""...
so try to understand the problem first and then analyse it and after that u will be able to develope a best logic for a best programe. and one thin our software industry depends completly on logic....

commented: Write more clearly, please! -3

Hello!!

I don't know if I can offer much help, or, insight to this. You should think of the logic behind Programming as being:

"Anyone can code. Anyone can Google. Does that make you a Programmer? It's understanding the logic and given a task to solve and finding the best concept and solution that best fits the problem." - Phorce, DaniWeb 2012 ;)

I don't understand why they would go down the BASIC route, as it being so old! I converted some code from BASIC to C++ a few months back and the logic/syntax for it was horrible.

As in terms of topics, I imagine a brief overall logic:

OR, AND, NOT, GREATER THAN, LESS THAN (But might not be as basic). I guess it's just to try and make you think about the logic:

"How do I input and manipulate multiple numbers" and then someones logic could be to have a massive list of integer numbers whereas someone elses logic could be to create an array. (I guess)!

Hope this helps a tiny bit :)

"Anyone can code. Anyone can Google. Does that make you a Programmer? It's understanding the logic and given a task to solve and finding the best concept and solution that best fits the problem." - Phorce, DaniWeb 2012 ;)

I agree. That's the stage I'm at now with vbscript :P
Which is why I want to improve upon it so much.

Thanks for the insights.. I should be getting my book soon so that should calm my curiosity. :)

just try to convert the world into computer format...............how u could will develop ur logic

Which flavor of BASIC will they use? The current one is VB.NET and the compiler is available for free at this link. Here is a brief introduction tutorial you can study

I'm not sure... I'll be flipping through the book when I get home today.
Thanks for the links, I'll be messing around with VB and referencing those guides for sure!

<edited>

just try to convert the world into computer format...............how u could will develop ur logic

excellent tip, we're surrounded with the world converting to computer format:

"If Moore's New Law - the number of cores on a chip doubles every 18 months
can hold for the next 25 years, then we'll be at a million cores or so per chip.
So a hundred of those cores - call it a rack - should be able to simulate a human brain."
http://www.artificialbrains.com/spinnaker

the technical details of how sure will be interesting :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.