Good day guys!

I am having problems and very confused regarding on our thesis. We chose to build an enrollment system but our adviser told us that there are many existing enrollment system today so we should add more additional features to our system to make it unique. But I can't think of another additional features. I really need your help guys, please! :( Any help will be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hey,

Could you please tell us what features that you have already implemented (or planning)? From here we can then advise you on what else you could implement. Or a brief descrption of your proposal.

Cheers

Hey,

Could you please tell us what features that you have already implemented (or planning)? From here we can then advise you on what else you could implement. Or a brief descrption of your proposal.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply man.

It could be either sms (automaticlly sends sudent's grade via sms) or expert system if possible. Something like that. I am also thinking of some kind of psychological exam. Our adviser also suggested a biometric but it's so expensive for us. I just can think of a specific feature that will make our system unique.

It could be either sms (automaticlly sends sudent's grade via sms)

that's quite an idea, but wouldn't that be lengthy for a sms? and also what's your approach in this matter?

Something like that. I am also thinking of some kind of psychological exam.

What do you mean by this? I don't get it. As far as I'm aware, whenever I have "enrolled" at a University / College, it's just to confirm that they have the correct details for me, and, that I want to carry out the course.. I didn't have to submit any grades, nor do a psychological exam.

What do you mean by this? I don't get it. As far as I'm aware, whenever I have "enrolled" at a University / College, it's just to confirm that they have the correct details for me, and, that I want to carry out the course.. I didn't have to submit any grades, nor do a psychological exam.

i think it depends on the university/school.. at my university they ask for the list of grades, but it should be printed, but never done a psychological exam.

@free-to-surf still it would be better if you add a description

It was also suggested by our adviser. It is just like some sort of entrance examination. I am also not so sure about it, ok nevermind the psychological exam.

still it would be better if you add a description

Ok, it was just a simple, plain enrollment system. Processes are just like in other school, submit grades, to register, payment, etc. We already proposed this, but our adviser didn't accept this because it shoud have some kind of feature that will make our enrollment system unique to other existing enrollment system.

I don't know how far you would want to go with it, but if you must add new features to an enrollment system, then I would try to turn it into a fully featured web service that lets people see their classes, their grades, and send messages to other students and to teachers. It would have an integrated forum where people can post messages for each class as well as other topics. Each assignment and test would be available through the system and there would be a forum for each one where people can post questions about why a certain question had a certain answer or the meaning of the instructions.

I would want to bring the enrollment system to the point at which people no longer want to ask questions in the classroom; they would prefer to post their questions online so that they can get more thoughtful and complete written answers which will be preserved so people can refer back to them later, even people who take the course in the future.

I don't know how far you would want to go with it, but if you must add new features to an enrollment system, then I would try to turn it into a fully featured web service that lets people see their classes, their grades, and send messages to other students and to teachers. It would have an integrated forum where people can post messages for each class as well as other topics. Each assignment and test would be available through the system and there would be a forum for each one where people can post questions about why a certain question had a certain answer or the meaning of the instructions.

I would want to bring the enrollment system to the point at which people no longer want to ask questions in the classroom; they would prefer to post their questions online so that they can get more thoughtful and complete written answers which will be preserved so people can refer back to them later, even people who take the course in the future.

Thanks man, I guess I would give it a try. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.