A VGA,HDD

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

No. A computer is not human, you cannot hurt it. You can smash it with a sledgehammer, it won't give a damn.

Why you wated to burn a computer? and if at all you are planed to do it...a half a glass of water can help you out...no need of westing hours of time to write a program.

@Studyembedded Don't you know how to read?

Is that possible to write a program to burn a computer literally?
A VGA,HDD

Not really. Hardware is pretty robust these days. A combination of hardware countermeasures (such as shutting down when overheating) combined with intelligent drivers will do a good job of stopping you from doing something really destructive.

I have heard of monitors being damaged by software, but that's ancient history, not anything recent. As far as hard drives, I guess you could spin it up until it overheats or something, but that's not going to be a quick kill.

isn't that possbile for somebody to bypass thos safety techniques and do it? Some told me that there are blackhat methods that make this possbile.

isn't that possbile for somebody to bypass thos safety techniques and do it?

In the driver, sure. You can write your own "driver" that isn't limited. But if there are hardware countermeasures in place, you can't do anything without breaking out your tool set.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.