I'm having trouble getting an overview of data structures. I've read about the different file types and the different ways of indexing but I can't see the whole thing as an overview. I know theres some logic somewhere! for instance, how do I find out the information about all the records listed in a hash file?how do I get the list in the first place?
:eek:

Ross

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm having trouble getting an overview of data structures. I've read about the different file types and the different ways of indexing but I can't see the whole thing as an overview. I know theres some logic somewhere! for instance, how do I find out the information about all the records listed in a hash file?how do I get the list in the first place?

It will help to better explain what your current thinking is. Answer this question: If you're talking about data structures, what are you talking about file types for?

Hi Rashakil
probably because I'm well confused! I am trying to put everything into place with respect to data structures, file structures, indexing, searching data etc. I feel that there must be a way that they all fit together. The course that I am studying has explained individual aspects but it does not help me comprehend the whole thing. As you can see I am confused! thanks for your interest. any "big picture" explanation would help.
Regards
Ross

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.