well I have to solve coupled partial differential eq.....
1st pde contains only 1 variable C(x,t) while 2nd pde contains both C(x,t) and T(x,t)
Now 1st pde is independent of 2nd and hence can be solved in matlab 7 . But 2nd pde contains 2 variables C&T both function of time and X. How will i solve this coupled set of PDE in matlab 7. Help !!!

Tricky one. I had used only commands "pdepd" and "pdeval" which you might be knowing are for 1D PDE problem. To the best of my knowledge there is no direct command line function for 2D, your best bet will be to use PDE toolbox where you can set your equations and boundary conditions. Then use FEM to solve your problem. Also check www.kluid.com [if they are back on], its a nice source for matlab help.

[edit: you may use pdeval to pass the C(x,t) from 1st to second equation, if the second equation is not complex, worth trying]

: ]
B4

well I have to solve coupled partial differential eq.....
1st pde contains only 1 variable C(x,t) while 2nd pde contains both C(x,t) and T(x,t)
Now 1st pde is independent of 2nd and hence can be solved in matlab 7 . But 2nd pde contains 2 variables C&T both function of time and X. How will i solve this coupled set of PDE in matlab 7. Help !!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.