Hello everyone,

I'm a 3rd year uni student from Staffordshire. Now at the placement and looking for a Super Cool Final Year Project. My final year is starting this August and hoping to armor my self better with some research on the project.

I still do not have any idea..what exactly i'm going to do. But i'm sure i know what i'm going to implement when i see what it should be :)

Although i am into Software Development, i am looking forward to use small portions of electronics & embedded systems. I love Linux and always gave it the priority over MS Windows as my default OS.

I do not wish to develop a stand alone application. It should be a web based system and have to make use of Web 2.0 and Web Services.

I saw few posts from "Goldston" who also having same interest as mine, but cannot contact him.

Please share ur ideas on a suitable Final Year Project which meet my requirements.
Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

Are we playing Buzzword Bingo?

ok,
I might have a wacky idea.
How about a team-based effort, perhaps with a sight you're familiar with.

The science? Impulsive-concussive learning exploitation.

How about a program, that sponsors the libraries and syntax guides to a number of diferent languages that is cmpletely dynamic, intuitive and cross-based interactive?

In my mind, when I say this, I think, of a referencing chart with the details of a language selected, and there is a side screen menu for organized navigation. Though coupled with that strategy, when you click on the descrete aspects and elements highlighted, and the screen of context and explanation pops-up, you can click on any of the thins, singularly by hovering the mouse dirrectly over the colored pixels of a character, an immediate inclusions of the greater thing when over white space, click and drag over chinks, and even right click for element-by-element to chunk-by-chunk segments, and have a number of responses such as, immedidate brief tagging, explaining the basic identification of whatever is being cursored, to being able to click on it, and having another form of archive presentation brought up, with a quick escape scheme.

And in this other presentation scheme of the isolated thing, such information is shown as the whole in which it was selected, and broken dow as well. And in turn, hovering/clicking, returns tagging and redirection back to either of the two other formats of the application detailing the language.

Interacted with impulsively by energized, young and growing, healthy, quick learning individuals, can concussively cram into there minds, what all this stuff really is, and can be as compounding as siezure-worthy.

I think it would be an interesting development for covering a wider audience and frequenting population ratio for enthusiasts of learning programing language. I'd sure become addicted. But that's because I'm still drawing blanks myself on conception of new things.

That is my contribution for your ideas list.

How about implementing a door opening system based on finger print?

Ok yea,
That's a more brief way to put it. My mistake for including context.

Now at the placement and looking for a Super Cool Final Year Project.

If it is going to be super cool then it has to be something to do with freezers, surely ???

If you are interested in linux and embedded systems then you can do projects on linux SBCs (Single board computers). Many small SBC are available in the market. You can create really amazing projects by combining the power of linux and embedded systems. Some guys did a balancing system for a toy helicopter using a gumstix SBC, powered by linux.

chekc out www.gumstix.com

i need some ideas on the software projects to develop based on java

commented: Don't bump old threads -1
commented: Bummer. +0

A Java compiler would be based on Java. Write one in Java.

Hi.........
i am final year student and i want new ideas for my project.........
if any one has new ideas please reply me at [EMAIL SNIPPED]
Field of project:-any field

hi everyone can anybody give an example of an automated system for a school? the most uncommon one. thanks

commented: MAny guys ve done it +0

Hey how about simple robotics?

It can be as complex as you want it to be. Motors, Camera, LDR's etc. Remote control wud be good.

Anything a cute little robot does grabs attention and makes professors proud. make it interactive and you are a genius! It is also fun to work with especially during those frustrating hours when stuff doesn't work.

Sometimes using tools like lego mindstorm also gives ideas in what you can make the guy do...

Maybe he could even check textures etc. and do stuff based on the kind of floor/tilt etc.

Digital signal processing is another avenue but it is for the more "techy" people and will impress sober professors with thick glasses...

Lemme know you interests...

i am a Final year student and have shortlisted the following projects
1.Using your mobile miss call as password(VB, / net)

2.A CAD TOOL FOR FASHION DESIGN

3.ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE

4.BIOMETRIC TIME ATTENDANCE AND DOOR ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM

5.WEBCAM BASED HUMAN TO MACHINE INTERACTION(WEBCAM-MOUSE)

i would love to develop any of the projects
i just need a proper description of the projects along with the programming language
needed for it.
immediate reply will be anxiously awaited

hi every one im a final year computer engineering student, and i would appreciate your'e help in finding new idea for my project, i know that im a computer student but i dont like the software part of my studies at all so im searching for a project that has the minimum programing language and have more hardware. so please help me, because i need it ASAP
thnx in advance

I think you need to specify what topics fall under computer engineering for anyone to help. Unless you can justify a project with a large mechanical element I think your going to have to program a fair bit.

Hello,i am a student of software engeenring.I am studting at OXFARD university.I need a project idea which is based CMS(in which there is use of AJAX) and SOA.If any one have idea about it ,please help me ,i shall be very thankfull to that person.

Regards:Umair Ali Khan

Hello, I am a final year
student at the University of Port Harcourt. I need help finishing my project titled "An ICT assisted menu directorate system". It is supposed to be a system that one can operate without a cook, it should take orders, give a detailed list of ingredients needed for any particular meal, prepare the meal, should give reciept and should be efficent. Would very much appreciate help from anyone with programming ability. Thanks. Vera Egedeye

Hello, I am a final year
student at the University of Port Harcourt. I need help finishing my project titled "An ICT assisted menu directorate system". It is supposed to be a system that one can operate without a cook, it should take orders, give a detailed list of ingredients needed for any particular meal, prepare the meal, should give reciept and should be efficent. Would very much appreciate help from anyone with programming ability. Thanks. Vera Egedeye

hi i am a final year student of computer science and i need ur help in finding new idea for my project,so please help me,

This is all getting very repetitive, in this thread and others. Can someone make a sticky FAQ with project suggestions?

LOL, there used to be one. It only led to MORE such rubbish demands for doing kids' thinking for them as it caused a lot of google hits on queries like "project help", "project idea", "homework service"...

Ouch. I should have guessed that would be the case.

hi...i need final year project ideas for software engineering

i wish i can get an idea for my final year project...............

If only you had the ability to come up with ideas!

A Final Year Project generator... something that can search Google for unanswered questions and then generate a suggestion list of projects
Have google question topics based upon 1 word,

Example:
Project topic word: "Stupid" "(Not you but a good enough generic question)"

Results:

Google found this question asked 5000000000 times with no answers.
"Why are people so stupid?"
Perhaps you can write a program to solve "Why are people so stupid"

Google found this question asked 342634 times with no answers.
"How come stupid people don't die when they do something stupid?"
Perhaps you can write a program to solve "How come stupid people don't die when they do something stupid"

Anyway Good luck

I have done my final year project about Wireless Electronic Notice Board using Microcontroller and GSM: This wireless electronic notice board using GSM Technology and microcontroller circuit is used to display the data on LCD whatever we sent from the mobile. You can try that.

A Final Year Project generator... something that can search Google for unanswered questions and then generate a suggestion list of projects

That's my standard answer when homework kiddos demand we give them a "final year project idea".
They never take it up it seems, guess they're too stupid to see the sarcasm.

Dude I swear I didn't see any of your other posts suggesting the same thing LOL
Otherwise I would have commented and mentioned your idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.