I have Windows 2000, Service Pack 4 currently and I need to update my Microsoft Access 2000 to 2002 for a class that I'm taking. I'll try to ask this in the best way that I can. If I get the 2002 Office upgrade, do I also need to upgrade my Windows to XP as well in order to get it to work? In other words, I like Wuidows 2000 and all I really want from the Office XP is the Access upgrade.

I'm not too familiar with installing upgrades, so my main question is can I get away with upgrading only the Access 2002 and still keep my Windows 2000 and all other programs as they currently are? Also, is there an Access converter out there that anyones familiar with where I can just convert 2002 files to 2000 so that I wouldn't have to upgrade? Please help, since I am helpless without this site. (at least in this area) :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Yes. :)

I'm using Office 2003 on Win2000, all works fine. I upgraded from Office 2000 and it went very well--just needed to check the settings in the various programs' Tools > Options panels and do some tweaking there, especially for the new settings.

You won't need a converter, Access 2002/3 can open and save Acsess 2000 files.

You won't need a converter, Access 2002/3 can open and save Acsess 2000 files.

Either you got this part mixed up or I'm confused. I think Satch is asking for a converter so the upgrade isn't necessary (continue using 2000, but be able to open 2002 files). And I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that.

Oops, you're right DLH, I misread it.

I don't know of any 2002>2000 converter either.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.