Hi guys,

I'm in a real spot of bother and this is really beginning to get me down.

Basically, I need to program a class which will connect to a MSAccess database. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and C#. I'm really at a loss for what to do. I've looked at online tutorials but they all seem like gobbledygook and I don't understand ANYTHING about them!

If someone could give me a hand in doing this, tell me some of the different functions I'll need and stuff like that, I would be SO grateful! I really have no idea how to do it myself. I don't know where to start!

(apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move it as appropriate)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Basically, I need to program a class which will connect to a MSAccess database. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and C#. I'm really at a loss for what to do. I've looked at online tutorials but they all seem like gobbledygook and I don't understand ANYTHING about them!

Post link to the tutorials you have seen. Maybe you are not yet ready to write such a class or program.

this is the most useful tutorial I've seen so far, butit doesnt really explain how it does anything that well, so I'm a bit lost by it:
http://www.koders.com/csharp/fid0557ED7E4BB55C5C2C2721C8B5195186F5998B56.aspx

Other than that, Google doesnt really reveal anything else even remotely useful.

I'm sure I'm not ready to write such a class, but the thing is that I need to for my coursework. I've got LOADS to do, and this is the only thing I'm having trouble with. Once this is out of the way, I can get on with the actual stuff I need to be doing. I'm already behind schedule.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.