Hi I'm a final year university student and i'm running into a bit of trouble with my final year project (It's very important)

My task is to create a DBA (Database Administration) tool in visual basic to allow me to add/edit/delete users from an existing oracle(sql) database.

I really don't know where to start as I haven't used visual basic since my first year (and even then it was basic interface tasks where the connections were already setup) so I was wondering if anyone could give me a link or a reference of code as to how to connect to the database. My sql itself is pretty good so the commands themselves shouldn't be too difficult but it's the actual connection that is the problem as I have no idea where to begin.

Oh and could you please offer clear instructions as I don't want to simply cut and paste code into my work I'd rather have an understanding of how I've done what I've done. Commenting any code published would be a great help too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

thanks muchly appreciated

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.