Hi friends.....
As when i am doing this task and found know help ..............
here i am putting steps for importing data from Excel sheet into SQL Server 2003.

How to Import data from excel sheet to SQL Server

Note : - Sheet should be exactly same as Table in which you are importing data. i.e with the contrints and column

sequence.

Step 1) from tool menu select Run a Wizard
Step 2) Click on Data Transformation Services
Step 3) Click on DTS Import Wizard. You will see a wizard for Import/Export . Click on "Next"
Step 4) Choose a Data Source from Drop down list. Here i choose Microsoft Excel 5.0
Stpe 5) Then click on brows button and choose your Excel Sheet to Import and click next
Step 6) Then choose Destination, Server. Choose option Use SQl Server Authentication.
input user name and password. Then select Database
Step 7) Click on Next. choose option copy Tables and views from the source database and click on Next.
Step 8) You will see a list of available sheets from your selected sheet to import. choose sheets to import. (keep in mind the sheets should be formated same as table. you can create a new table also.)
Step 9) Click Destination Field and choose a table in which you want to import data.
step 10) Click on Transform button and select appropriate option. If you havent selected any table in previous step then it will show you a default option to create a new table.
Step 11) Click next and choose timing when to import. and click finish. And the data is in your table.

feel free to ask if any Query.

Best Luck. Enjoy.....

[ if this post is helpful to you then please add reputation to me. thanks in advance. ]

Sulley's Boo commented: =_= thanks +5

I was about give you positive rep, but the comment on bottom change my mind.

[ if this post is helpful to you then please add reputation to me. thanks in advance. ]

Scrounging for positive rep is not nice, be ashamed :angry:

Ya i know. but i was unable to edit that.

Is there a SQL Server 2003???
Have heard of SQL-2000/ SQL-2005/ SQL 2008

>>Is there a SQL Server 2003???
No.

Please start new threads for new questions. You will find your questions get answered more often that way!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.