Hi,

I don't know why the server I recently get to manage, has the SQL Server 2005 installed but with the Management Studio Express!... I need to upgrade it with the Dev version, but when I put the DVD of the SQL Server installer, It won't show my actual installation (like Office products does) instead it shows like a new one, my question is: If I only select the Management Tools option of the installation, the other ones will have problems later?

Please, I need some one who had a similar experience... or anyone!

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You only need to install workstation components as part of the installation. I don't know what you are meaning the other ones will have problems later, each part of the installation can be completed later by only selecting it with no problems, if thats what you are meaning.

You only need to install workstation components as part of the installation. I don't know what you are meaning the other ones will have problems later, each part of the installation can be completed later by only selecting it with no problems, if thats what you are meaning.

Well,

I'm sorry ... I meant that, the other apps on the suite will cause some damage if I proceed with the installation...

Well... till I try we'll never know...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.