My company has been using an Access 2003 database for a couple years now and the person who previously worked on it just left, the problem is he never gave me the password to unlock the Visual Basic editor window, and I can't seem to contact him. Does anybody know of a program that could crack the password protection that he placed on the database? I've already tried a few of the password crackers that Google provides, but all of them say that the database isn't password protected.

Don

I fixed my problem, I finally found a program via Google to unlock the VBA editor screen. In case anybody is having a similar problem check out http://www.lostpassword.com/vba.htm. The demo version only unlocks files with two-character passwords, but the full version works very well.

Don

When opening the database, just hold down the shift key throughout.

Thanks, that seems to work for most of the databases I use. The only one it doesn't seem to work for is a database that starts up with a modal form, is there anyway to start up this database without this form showing up?

Don

it should work with shift

the only thing the shift key doesnt work on is MDEs

I tried it again a couple times, it just doesn't seem to work for this database. I doesn't matter though, I managed to get into the other databases with the shift key. Thanks for your help.

Don

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.