Hi,

I wanted to make use of a algorithm script for computing scores nd though i started doing it with a single database, i after testing script, decided to get a master and score databases both having same tables and data. I imported 2.5 GB of data dump to both databases.
Later when all was set up, I just dropped a table from both databases and tried importing that table and related data with a updated table dump. Unfortunately power went and since i didnt had any backup, my linux box got off.

I dont know why, my mysql server does not start after it. Did it crash as it was half way importing data... How should i go from here? Should i reinstall my mysql server...

Environment: LOCAL
Mysql : 5.0+
PC used for do development and testing.
I request some pointer and suggestion from experts here..

With regards,

Harish

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

did you try to start it manually

/etc/init.d/mysql start

did you try to start it manually

/etc/init.d/mysql start

I think, linux on boot up tries to recover the crash but fails. I added safe mode to my.cnf and still, it starts and ends quickly. Finally, Ystrday evening , fed up, I kicked myself for a fresh installation. :(

so you got it all worked out now?

so you got it all worked out now?

Yeah, it seems like innodb buffer memory increase configuration and power failure amidst import did the cheat. NOw again got a new server up.

Thanks buddy for concern.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.