yeah i am currently working with raima database and there is no forum i can ask about it.

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

because hardly anyone uses it

best place would be the databases board under web development

yeah i am currently working with raima database and there is no forum i can ask about it.

This certainly looks like a forum to me: http://www.raima.com/forum/

I doubt that Dani wants to create a separate forum for every single database that is available for use.

yep because then we would need

Derby
Oracle
MS SQL
MySQL
PostgreSQL
Raima
MS SQL CE
DB2
Firebird
MS Access
Foxpro

etc....

would it hurt anyone if they are added?

yup we used to have many more boards. they never got used.

Just use the general database board

yup we used to have many more boards. they never got used.

Just use the general database board

thanks

Hi all,

I am the marketing manager for the Raima products and we have a forum at <URL SNIPPED> which is monitored by our sales engineers and developers. It is open to everyone so check it out.

Hi all,

I am the marketing manager for the Raima products and we have a forum at <UR SNIPPED> which is monitored by our sales engineers and developers. It is open to everyone so check it out.

bring your forum to here, we as daniweb citizens wouldnt bother to go there :)

commented: This is just plain stupid. -4

I used Raima databases 20 years ago when I was writing MS-DOS 6.X programs. At that time Raima was a hierarchical database (non-SQL) and quite easy to use. Several years ago Raima expanded its product to an SQL database, but I have not used it. AFAIK its language is pretty SQL standard, so if you read about one SQL database you can apply it to most any others.

bring your forum to here, we as daniweb citizens wouldnt bother to go there :)

Why? Don't limit your programming experience just to DaniWeb. If you have questions about specific database then get it from the horse's mouth.

Serkan, The Raima division of Birdstep Technology hosts their own forums for your convenience. Please find them at <URL SNIPPED>
Regards,
Duncan

Duncan, yours is the third posting of that URL. I believe the point has been made.

Serkan, The Raima division of Birdstep Technology hosts their own forums for your convenience. Please find them at <URL SNIPPED>

Regards,
Duncan

i think a month ago i found that forum, then i saw that total number of threads in the forum was 20, so i was a little frustrated. our company extended the functionality on the raima database and there is no documentation for those additional methods..

Duncan, yours is the third posting of that URL. I believe the point has been made.

not third, second..

Third. It was posted twice just today. Try counting again.

i think a month ago i found that forum, then i saw that total number of threads in the forum was 20, so i was a little frustrated. our company extended the functionality on the raima database and there is no documentation for those additional methods..

It's not Raima's fault there is no documentation for those extensions. But I see what you mean about the lack of threads -- they must have cleaned out all the old ones or started a new forum recently because I know it was fairly popular when I was using it 20 years ago.

>they must have cleaned out all the old ones or started a new forum recently because I know it was fairly popular when I was using it 20 years ago.

you are really ancient :)

>they must have cleaned out all the old ones or started a new forum recently because I know it was fairly popular when I was using it 20 years ago.

you are really ancient :)

It seems like you are begging for trouble :)

Hello,
I just found this request and wanted to let you know that there was a forum you can post questions at: www.raima.com/forums

commented: You didn't notice this was already posted in the first page I suppose. Perhaps you should peruse a thread before posting in it. -4
commented: Another pointless "me too" bump with info which has already been supplied in the thread. -6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.