How do i change the name of a table in my sql server 2005 express edition database using visual studio server explorer?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Not sure if that is possible. Can you not install management studio express to make any changes to your DB?

Not sure if that is possible. Can you not install management studio express to make any changes to your DB?

Yes, you can do many things using server explorer from within visual studio; however, management studio is more appropriate to achieve the same things and there are many things that you can only achieve using management studio but not server explorer.

so you can change the table name in vs? i didnt think you could thats why i recommended sql management studio

F2 doesn't work?

F2 doesn't work?

you gotta be kidding :) do you think we are so stupid to think about it in the first place :)

I can't do that, never ever!!! I was seriously suggesting, some time I don't find RENAME but F2 works! I'll see it myself and be back!

You can do it in vs 2010 view the table structure, and then look in the properties window of the table. You can change it down there, and then save it, and it modifies the table name. I agree when building a db rapidly it's nice not to even have to open management studio.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.