Hello, I am making some progress on this database I am building for practice...I am new to programming...and was wondering if there is any way to add navigation functionality using buttons or links under the fields being displayed to go to the next or previous record.

I Also am trying to figure out how to display the table information in editable fields on a form so updating it can be more simple, trying to learn that one on my own, but if anyone has any advice i would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance! This is an awesome forum!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi there,

I'm not quite sure what you're up to. Are you coding your own front-end for a database or are you using a proprietary tool like phpMyAdmin? If the latter then you are pretty much stuck with what they give you unless you actually want to dig through hundreds of lines of code looking for what you need. However the former is quite a simple exercise.

Yeah, I've apparently got a little more to learn here. I guess I need a good front end. I've just tried HeidiSQL, I'm just going to have to learn how to use it. Thanks a lot for your response...if you happen to know of a more newbie friendly front end I'd really appreciate ya letting me know.

Thanks again!

If you're new to php/mysql development, have a look at XAMPP, i've been using it for 7 months now without problems. The mysql front-end phpMyAdmin is excellent.

Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I will definitely check out the programs you've suggested!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.