Hi,

I need to compare MySQL, MS SQL 2008 and Oracle.

Do you know of any link where this comparison takes place? I found a few comparign MySQL and MS SQL 2000 but not with MS SQL 2008 and Oracle too.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Josh

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/database/soa/Road-test-Four-databases-tested/0,339024547,339224962-7,00.htm

this isn't exactly what you're looking for (it compares ms sql express to the others and uses an older version of mysql) but it's a start. I've used mysql and ms sql a bit and although ms sql is easier to manage due to it's GUI, I find mysql a better option for me most of the time. I don't mind getting down and gritty at the command line. I mostly develop web apps though with PHP, so mysql is the obvious choice. I have used it in a few VB.NET projects though and it worked very well.

Good luck and hopefully that link helps a bit.

Hi,

I need to compare MySQL, MS SQL 2008 and Oracle.

Do you know of any link where this comparison takes place? I found a few comparign MySQL and MS SQL 2000 but not with MS SQL 2008 and Oracle too.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Josh

This is trivial question and easily solved with some Google search so apply your self to this simple task and do it. If you have more specific question you more then welcomed to ask

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have been searching on Google for comparison reports and yours was the most helpful.

Take good care

Josh

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.