Hey;
I'm hoping some database wizards could help me out with this question. I have been trying to decide between MYSQL or MYSQLI. I would appreciate as much info from experienced database developers/deployers on which database offers the most security.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not sure about security, but mySQL will eventually be dropped in favour of mySQLi. That should be reason enough to decide...

Not sure about security, but mySQL will eventually be dropped in favour of mySQLi. That should be reason enough to decide...

I think it would be wise to go with MYSQLi. Thank you for your input it helped :)

From PHP Manual.

The mysqli extension, or as it is sometimes known, the MySQL improved extension, was developed to take advantage of new features found in MySQL systems versions 4.1.3 and newer. The mysqli extension is included with PHP versions 5 and later.

The mysqli extension has a number of benefits, the key enhancements over the mysql extension being:

• Object-oriented interface
  • Support for Prepared Statements
  • Support for Multiple Statements
  • Support for Transactions
  • Enhanced debugging capabilities
  • Embedded server support
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.