i installed Oracle 9i.when i go Start->Program->Oracle-oraHome90-
i did not get Isql * plus.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would
be highly appreciated.Kindly find the attachment also.

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

Are you getting something like SQL WORKSHEET under application development ?

yes. when i go development->SqlPlusWorksheet i got Oracle Enterprose Manager Login dialog box.Kindly let me know how
show i get to know the Username and password.and how should
i configure Isql*plus.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would
be highly appreciated.Kindly find the attachment also.

You don't have the user name password ?

i myself installed an oracle 9i.in between i did not notice about password.kindly let me know. how should i check it.Kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.

do you have the password for sys or system account ?

During installation i did not notice about default sys and system account.may be .it has taken default username.and password.
should i install again.after reinstalling.Kindly let me know debasis
my friend .any help would be highly appreciated.

try log in as

sys/ as sysdba
password----change_on_install

If you are planning to reinstall better use any advance version .
Current version for windows is 11.1

try log in as

sys/ as sysdba

i tried username as a sys.and password as a change_on_install But still i am getting errror.Invalid username and password.Login denied. i am getting error ora -01017 .Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.Kindly find the attachment also.

better install any latest version and set the passwords carefully.

sys/ as sysdba
then what is the uses of this default password.i have seen about these two username & password.in oracle university means ocp Dba Paper iii book also.Oracle Database Administration.When i tried to uninstall.and when i go to control panel Add/remove programme.i did not see .anything regarding Oracle.Kindly let me know the idea.How should i uninstall
Oracle 9I?.Any help would be highly appreciated.

ORACLE will not come in that list of installed software. Uninstall from oracle main menu from start button or use the oracle CD.

If you are planning to reinstall better use any advance version .
Current version for windows is 11.1
is it windows installere version ?how should i test /come to know windows installer version ?
when i go start->program->oracle-orahome90 i did not get any option regarding Uninstallion.Kindly let me know the idea.Any
help would be highly appreciated.Kindly find the attachment.

once you start installing 10/11 g you will get the list of pre-installed oracle homes/products. You need to uninstall the existing 9 version before installing the higher version.

No any additional except to put oracle 10g Cd.Kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.

i don't think i understood your last question.

can you tell me please any link on the Web So that i download
Oracle 10g.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please find it here .

Which version should i install.Kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.There are three Version here .
Oracle Database 10 G.
Oracle Database 10 G Express.
Oracle Install Client.

How should i start Isql*Plus.Kindly let me know the idea.i have alredy installed Oracle 10 G Express Edition Now .Kindly find the
attachment also.

Oracle Express is a free version so that tool is not available for you in the version you have installed . You need to use the 3rd item for sql queries on the screen.

it means i will not get Isql * Plus in the Express Edition.

why not use sql developer , that is a free GUI tool.

why not use sql developer , that is a free GUI tool

From where should i get this GUI Tool .Kindly let me know the
idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.

You can find it here.

hi friends,
Together with this .can anyone tell me ???.How should i install oracle 10g client for Windows 7 ???.Kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.

What do you mean by How should i install ?

Are you facing any issue, during installation.

first of all i have tried to downlod the setup file for oracle 10g client. but i did not get the installation setup for oracle 10G Client .Kindly let me know the idea.any help would be highly appreciated.

You need to download from here.

this file

Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.4)
10204_vista_w2k8_x64_production_client.zip (507,934,134 bytes)

i need to install in windows 7.together with this i have 32 bit Microprocessor .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.