or even make the searching faster when retreiving data. please kindly help me. thnx.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You don't search on the image do you? Are you trying to detect duplicate images or recognize if you have an image already stored in the database? What you should do is store a checksum (md5, crc) in the database in the same row as the image and search on the checksum.

You don't search on the image do you? Are you trying to detect duplicate images or recognize if you have an image already stored in the database? What you should do is store a checksum (md5, crc) in the database in the same row as the image and search on the checksum.

thnx. i'll try it right away. :)

btw, here is the scene:

i have developed a time monitoring system in vb.net. i can retrieve and save fingerprints in the database. there is no problem, except for one thing.
what if there's a lot of registered fingerprints on the database? what i have done is when the person places his finger on finger scanner, it will search on the similar fingerprint on the database. if there will be 10000 registered fingerprints, i believe it will be very slow to check if the fingerprint is existing or not.

thnx again. i hope u can help me again. but i will try to figure out that checksum thing.

its working now. thnx. i have used binary_checksum now its running pretty well in 100 users. gotta fill 900 more to test it's efficiency. thnx again. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.