Hi all,

I have been set an assignment to which i have no clue about. I am going to paste the brief to you all and hopefully some kind person will give me some guidance upon what tables i need and what attributes need to go in them.

In a university environment there are members of staff and students. Some postgraduate students are also working as Research or Teaching Assistants and are, therefore, considered as members of staff as well. For each student we keep his or her name, library card number and degree programme they are studying. We are also keeping the course units they are studying and the grades that they get for each course unit. We also keep the School(s) that is/are responsible for each course unit. For each Research Assistant we keep his or her name, library card number and research project they are for. For each Teaching Assistant we keep his or her name, library card number and lecturer(s) that they are helping. For each academic member of staff we keep his or her name, library card number and course units they are responsible for. The university has a library. Each member of staff or student can borrow up to ten items from the library. These items are books, journals or technical reports. To each book the library is assigning a number and is also keeping the author(s), title and year that it was published. To each journal the library is assigning a number and is also keeping the title, volume and year that it was published. To each technical report the library is assigning a number and is keeping the author(s), title, version and year that it was published.

Thank you!

Thank for this important information which I had searched for long time...You have really done a good job.I have the doubt about the detabase template creation,after your post I had realised that.thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.