Hi friends.When I try to connect to sql server 2008 from visual studio 2008 an error occurs :
"A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 – Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)".
I following this path for connecting to sql server :
Server Explorer -> Data Connections -> Add Connection.
when I choose Data Source like "SQL Server Database File", the above error occurs but if I choose Data Source like "SQL Server", it works and produces a connection string like this:
"Data Source=my server name;Initial Catalog=my database name;User ID=my ID;"
I want to choose Data Source like "SQL Server Database File".
please help me.

Hi, I have this problem too, please can you tell me when you find something? But, I cant choose the path (Server Explorer -> Data Connections -> Add Connection), because it write error, that I havent proprietary rights. Do I set it when I create a new database? And how, what I have to set? Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.