Hey there,

I'm having problems importing my sql file via phpmyadmin. It keeps throwing up the following error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'id`) ); CREATE TABLE `sessions`( `id` BIGINT AUTO_INCREMENT, `uid` CHAR(255),' at line 8

Here's the code:
http://pastebin.com/Kf50m1Qm

Any help would be brilliant :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I looked at the code at the URL listed and the problem is on line 8 there is no closing ` on the variable name:

`sizelimit BIGINT,

The other problem you are going to run into is that you are using reserved words (variable types ) as field names. timestamp and text are both variable types. You might use creation_date and text1 instead.

The other problem you are going to run into is that you are using reserved words (variable types ) as field names. timestamp and text are both variable types.

As long as you keep using the backticks in your queries, this will not be an issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.