So I've been reading a lot about Access 2007, but all the books and tutorials don't talk about the stupidly easy questions.

I have a SharePoint 2007 running on a server that my team has access to. From what I've read, SharePoint can easily display information and generate reports based on information in an Access database. I want to be able to allow them to create, update, and delete records from SharePoint, but I can't find anything that verifies it's possible. I don't want to use the Outlook integration solution.

If it is not possible to allow users with appropriate permission to update the database via forms on the SharePoint site, will everyone need an individual Access license to manipulate data? Is there a client they can use? What would the easiest way for multiple users to access the database for creating, updating, and deleting records?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.