hello,

i was wondering whether someone could provide me with a couple of comprehensive links (tutorials) on database design with regards to optimization?

what i'm looking for is a thorough example, that would explain each index choice and every other database optimization related aspect (for a beginner to intermediate level).

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to hit google with proper keywords.

What you are asking for (index choice and every other database optimization related aspect ) comes with experience only and there is no rule of thumb for that. That varies from db to db based on use, data size , hardware implemented and somany other factors.

You need to hit google with proper keywords.

What you are asking for (index choice and every other database optimization related aspect ) comes with experience only and there is no rule of thumb for that. That varies from db to db based on use, data size , hardware implemented and somany other factors.

i am aware that this decision-making process comes with experience, however, i was hoping for one waltkthrough that would detail all the steps performed in db optimization; not to be followed as a general guideline, but just as an example.

thanks though

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.