i don't know if it possible or not if i want to like this :
Actually, i have one form "Product"
In Form, i have two comboboxs , first name cboProduct that have Row Source "CPU;RAM" and second name cboSeries.
what i want to do is when i choose a product like CPU from cboProduct , cboSeries will show only series of CPU or When i choose RAM also show series of RAM like DDR3 etc .
i;m using MS ACCESS 2010 .
thank

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Use the "On Change" event in your first combo box, update the "filter" property on your second combo box and issue a refresh.

Use the "On Change" event in your first combo box, update the "filter" property on your second combo box and issue a refresh.

Actually it should be in the combo's AFTER UPDATE event, not the On Change. On Change will also fire for every keystroke if someone starts typing in it which can cause problems and slow things down, depending on things.

commented: Good catch. +7

Actually it should be in the combo's AFTER UPDATE event, not the On Change.

I concur...I was thinking "Drop Down List". Good catch.

So i need change my combo box property or write some code ? (if it require code,can you tell me ?)

In combobox use onchange() event .. and pass this value to a function as argument and use ajax to dynamically update second combo box...
Study little bit about ajax.

In combobox use onchange() event

Not the On Change event. AFTER UPDATE event.

.. and pass this value to a function as argument and use ajax to dynamically update second combo box...
Study little bit about ajax.

What are you talking about Ajax here for? This is in an Access database and Access databases do not use Ajax. I think you misunderstood panhwer which forum category you were in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.