Hey guys so for a class of mine we have to build a program for a client that is going to require a Database.

The database is going to be purely for demo purposes so an actual server is not necessary.

Now I have never done this before and I have no clue what to do so I decided to come here for help.

What I want to do is create a Microsoft SQL Server on my laptop that is local. In otherwords I am planning on making a Visual C# SQL CLR Database Project in Visual Studio 2010 to help set up this database

The database is going to just hold data of like names, a number and some other data.

Again this server is local, I don't want anyone else to connect to it but me, that's it. But as I said above I have no clue were to start so I could really use a very nice, detailed guide.

Thanks in advance for any help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well for anyone who might stumbole on this post looking for answers, I learned of a thing called SQLite that pretty much is a file saved on your computer that works like a database

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.