CREATE TABLE my_feature (
	pk_id INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
	member_id INT(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
	time_added DATETIME NOT NULL,
	personal_questions BOOL NULL,
	hits INTEGER UNSIGNED NULL,
	PRIMARY KEY (pk_id));

When I put this into the MySQL Query Browser I get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 7

This is kind of a pain in the ass and I cannot find anything that helps me.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am running MySQL version 3.23.58. I copied and pasted your CREATE statement into a query window and executed it. It created the table successfully.

I don't KNOW what the problem is for you, but you might try changing BOOL to TINYINT(1). In my version, BOOL is not valid, however, when I executed the statement, it automatically created the column as TINYINT(1) without any errors or warnings.

Yea basically I am running mysql on my pc for development purposes. I was running 4.1.26 (I think that was the version) but the server I am developing a feature for is running 5.1. Like an idiot, I couldn't leave well enough alone, upgraded, and for the past two days, I have been trying to get back up and running. I didn't figure out why it wasn't working, so I just took mysql query browser out of the equation and put it in the command line interpreter. I never had these problems with mssql. Now I am off to work out my foreign key constraint errors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.