I have developed a web application and it works very well in the localhost. but when i put it to the web server the relationships in the table doesn't work. for example when a parent row is deleted all the child rows associated with it should be deleted. but it doesn't work as it does in the localhost.

webserver mysql version:
phpmyadmin localost version:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

can anybody help im goning nuts here

I have developed a web application and it works very well in the localhost. but when i put it to the web server the relationships in the table doesn't work. for example when a parent row is deleted all the child rows associated with it should be deleted. but it doesn't work as it does in the localhost.

webserver mysql version:
phpmyadmin localost version:

Presumably you use InnoDB tables on your localhost and MyISAM tables on the web server. MyISAM does not support foreign keys with cascading updates and deletes, but it accepts the syntax without error messages.

Presumably you use InnoDB tables on your localhost and MyISAM tables on the web server. MyISAM does not support foreign keys with cascading updates and deletes, but it accepts the syntax without error messages.

below is the screen print of the mysqladmin page of my webserver. but it does not give the option to set InnoDB. what should i do nextt..?

You need root access and administration rights on the server to change that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.