Hi,
I have a problem that in a database (named DDS) i can change or delete records in all tables but there is one which i can't. There isn't any primary or foreigh keys(There is one dependency, a view). So could you please tell me that is there any way that while designing a database in SQL Server we can lock a table and is there any way to remove that lock and change the values of a field. There are two constraints on this table as:

USE [DSS]
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[tblGlob] DROP CONSTRAINT [DF_tblGlob_BYDEFT]

USE [DSS]
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[tblGlob] DROP CONSTRAINT [DF_tblGlob_SetValue]

(these two fields BYDEFT & SETVALUE have data type as bit.)

Even if i delete these constaints, still i can't change the data in this table. I am trying to change a field named company_address. I can't even delete a record from this table.

My login has all permissions.

Here is the error i get:- " The row values updated/deleted either donot make row unique or they alter multiple rows(2 rows)"
Regards!
Ayyaz

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Provide complete table structure then only I can help u

Can you post the SQL statements you were using please?

Here is the DDL for this table:

USE [DSS]
GO
/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[tblGlob]    Script Date: 02/21/2013 14:09:40 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING ON
GO
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[tblGlob](
    [PrinterName] [varchar](50) NULL,
    [GlobalExpiry] [varchar](50) NULL,
    [DBSTATUS] [bit] NULL,
    [BYDEFT] [bit] NULL,
    [CompanyName] [varchar](200) NULL,
    [CompanyAddress] [varchar](200) NULL,
    [SettingName] [varchar](500) NULL,
    [SetValue] [bit] NULL,
    [Organization] [varchar](200) NULL,
    [Phone] [varchar](50) NULL,
    [MODIFIER] [varchar](50) NULL,
    [LAST_MODIFIED] [datetime] NULL,
    [OPERATION_TYPE] [varchar](50) NULL,
    [BankName] [varchar](500) NULL,
    [Logo] [image] NULL,
    [Email] [varchar](200) NULL,
    [Website] [varchar](200) NULL,
    [EmailServer] [varchar](500) NULL
) ON [PRIMARY] TEXTIMAGE_ON [PRIMARY]

GO
SET ANSI_PADDING OFF

Ayyaz

and the transaction statements like the delete, update and insert?

I am trying to change the data in one of the fields named company_Address manually right sitting on the table.

You need to be less vague about what you want to do. Do you want to insert net data, update existing data, delete data? What have you tried so far to solve the problem? and by that I mean what have you done other than create the table.

I will try to help you but I need to know what it is you actually want and see what you have already tried before I can

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.