Hi all,
I have a database with a set of relations created in SQL Server express. Is it possible to view or recreate the sql statements that created the database?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

HI,
Your question is not so clear to me. I would like to ans it if you give some more informations.
I need to be briefed.
Thanks.

Hi,
Sorry if I was unclear RvSon. I have a database (consisting of several related tables) which was created in SQL server. I want to know if it is possible to view the SQL statements that created the database and its tables.
IE:

CREATE DATABASE DB1;
CREATE TABLE Customer;

I only need the SQL code that created the tables and not the code used for data entry.
I hope this has made it clearer.

Thanks for youyr help!
Ryan

If you install the (free) Microsoft Sql Server Management Studio then you can right click a database or table and select "SCRIPT ...", then pick an option such as CREATE, DROP, etc and it will generate the required commands to the clipboard or a query window. Instructions on how to install are here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.