how to automatically sum the scores that is being inputted in the textbox and display to the specific rows of textbox

this is my code for inputting score

while ($students = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    $total = $students['fld_quiz1'] + $students['fld_quiz2'] + $students['fld_quiz3'] + $students['fld_quiz4'] + $students['fld_quiz5'];

echo '<tr>';
    echo "<td>{$students['id']}<input type='hidden' name='id[$i]' value='{$students['id']}' /></td>";
    echo "<td>{$students['fld_name']}</td>";
    echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_quiz1[$i]' value='{$students['fld_quiz1']}' /></td>";
    echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_quiz2[$i]' value='{$students['fld_quiz2']}' /></td>";
    echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_quiz3[$i]' value='{$students['fld_quiz3']}' /></td>";
    echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_quiz4[$i]' value='{$students['fld_quiz4']}' /></td>";
    echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_quiz5[$i]' value='{$students['fld_quiz5']}' /></td>";

echo "<td><input type='text' size='2' name='fld_midtotalquiz[$i]' value='".$total."' /></td>";

echo '</tr>';

++$i;
}

You have bigger problems to worry about. You are using obsolete, dangerous code that has been completetly removed from Php. You need to use PDO with Prepared Statements.
PDO Tutorial

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.