Hi

I am very new to MySql.

I want to use Navicat along with MySql server to develop and maintain very simle database in future. Up to this point it is OK.

I want to develop and maintain a small customer database.

My question is do I need a GUI tool to enter my Customer data (I guess so). If then is there any free GUI I can use? or which language I can use to develop GUI and connect to Navicat.MySql server. I know c#.

or can I use Navicat /MySql server only, without any GUI.

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

You are using MySQL, good. Navicat is good tool to navigate through MySQL database. It helps you create database, keep backup, export or import to/from in many format. I love Navicat.

My question is do I need a GUI tool to enter my Customer data (I guess so). If then is there any free GUI I can use? or which language I can use to develop GUI and connect to Navicat.MySql server. I know c#.

Well I would say both depending on your requirement.
1. You can use Navicat itself you just need to enter the customer data. Because it provides good user interface for you to enter.

2. You can develop a small application if you have some data manipulation (for eg: calculation), in this case you can go with developing small tool.

kath.

are you using the SQL server for web or applications development?

if its for web development then i use phpmyadmin. its a web interface where you can create, edit and delete tables and records etc...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.