Hello All,
I am working on a database, and have doubts in two fields (startpoint, and endpoint locations)therefor want your comments and suggestions, my database tables look like the following:

[Projects table:]
project_id
project_name
startpoint_location_id
startpoint_latitude
startpoint_longitue
endpoint_location_id
endpoint_latitude
endpoint_longitude

[Location table:]
location_id
location_name

the startpoint_location_id and endpoint_location_id is linked to the location table,it means that Location table has one-to-many relationship with projects table.

Now my question is whether this is a good database design or should I handle it differently, please update me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
(First hope you have already found a solution)Usually this is the ultimate structure. But in your queeries you shall use outer oins to the loaction table espically if you suspect that the either start or end points my be kept empty.

Thank you, kb.net, actually I have already passed the database design phase and it has been finalized, but thank you for your comments.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.