I have a huge database in SQL on my hard drive, I am trying to figure out how I can get it online with a decent looking interface to allow my sales people to run querries on it simmilar to what infousa has going on. My database knowledge is not very strong so I am hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction. There are about 70 million records in 50 files by state each file has 35 colums.

I have an overclocked quad core computer with 4 gigs of ram and SQL kills my computer when I run the database.

If it would be too difficult and there is not a program available to help me get it into a web interface I would be open to oursourcing the work.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

>I am trying to figure out how I can get it online with a decent looking interface to allow my sales people to run querries on it simmilar to what infousa has going on.

There are so many options. mysql + php, ruby on rails, asp.net.

But it isn't something you can just do, you have to learn it. It might be wise paying for an expert developer and consultancy fees to see what you can do to optimize your database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.