TITLE: Connect to Database Engine
------------------------------

Cannot connect to CHESF-HIMRIO\SQLEXPRESS.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 36 - The Shared Memory dll used to connect to SQL Server 2000 was not found) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 126)

BUTTONS:

OK

THIS OCCURS WHEN I PUT START THE MICROSOFT SQL Server Managment.
How i creat a new database ?
with another name, don´t have.
What´s the problem with this connection ?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Where i find this dll ?

when this error occured?

sorry I didn't see your question well, so do you start SQL Server as administrator??

Well Since you are using SQL Server Express, if you have registered it, then download the free book. It'll help you with the basics.

Make sure you select Server Type as Database Engine, Server name as <Your-Computer_Name>\SQLEXPRESS, and Authentication as Windows Authentication.

To create a new database, connect into the server (one mentioned above), then right-click Databases -> New Database.

I think I too got that error a long time ago, but sorry, I forgot about it. :keke:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.