i have a couple of questions to ask.

my first question is:

how do i write, or create(via a wysiwyg program) an interactive executable program that has two 3d models stored on it, which will allow a user to do the following:

1. rotate each model via horizontal and vertical axis(rotate model, not camera). -outlined in red on imaged attached

2. load model from pull-out menu. -outlined in blue

3. render wireframe model via keyboard command (render could be achieved by a simple wipe transition (top-bottom) of two images)

my second question is how long would it take to produce such a program for someone with no programming background and what resources are available on the net to teach me exactly how to do this.

to give you an idea of what the program, i want to produce might look like, have a look at this link(www.webdesignclinic.com/ezine/v1i9/poserbegin/FigA.gif). the only features my program will have, have been explained above. also my program will load the models in wireframe form first.

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think the key here is " .. how long would it take to produce such a program for someone with no programming background"

It would take very little time to do this, in fact, but at the expense of costing you some money. With no programming experience you would do the sensible thing and pay someone to develop this for you.

how do i write, or create(via a wysiwyg program) an interactive executable program that has two 3d models stored on it, which will allow a user to do the following:

I don't know of any such WYSIWYG programs that creates executables of interactive 3D models. I think the closest thing I've ever come across is a 3D modeller like MilkShape...but it doesn't create executables, and its just a modelling tool.

my second question is how long would it take to produce such a program for someone with no programming background and what resources are available on the net to teach me exactly how to do this.

At least 2 years. The first year you must learn how to program. You will also have to spend time learning an existing 3D API. You could write your own 3D API, but that'll take another 2 years. I recommend OpenGL or DirectX, if you're using C++.

The second year you will basically be creating the program itself.

Hi Dante, good to see you here ;-)

Hiya Bob. I came across this site after I ran into a tutorial by you. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.