need it really badly for my project... pls help me... i'm a java neophyte...T.T

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

your post was very not helpful as to what you need.

Too many variables left out.
tell us about your project, tell us what you need to do and what exactly are you looking for. PLUS; What exactly is your question.

your post was very not helpful as to what you need.

Too many variables left out.
tell us about your project, tell us what you need to do and what exactly are you looking for. PLUS; What exactly is your question.

i'm working on a SMS spam blocker for S60 2nd edition phones. i can't seem to find a java code to block SMS spam on the said phones.

i guess my question is, who can help me find a code suitable for my project? or better, who can help me building the code and connect it to a mobile phone.

anyone? please.

You can not achieve this with Java Microedition as you cannot run your application on top of device OS. Because of that you will not able to intercept incoming SMS and filter it out.
You can try to find out work around for Symbian, but JME is "no way". (There is slight possibility for Android device as you can make you application run automatically on start up and be triggered by event, but I cannot give any insight on it as I'm not so deep in it)

You can not achieve this with Java Microedition as you cannot run your application on top of device OS. Because of that you will not able to intercept incoming SMS and filter it out.
You can try to find out work around for Symbian, but JME is "no way". (There is slight possibility for Android device as you can make you application run automatically on start up and be triggered by event, but I cannot give any insight on it as I'm not so deep in it)

i honestly did not understand... : ( i'm a newbie in java... thanks anyways... need to do more research... hope somebody can help...

thanks again guys...

If you want to be able filter spam messages you need to have application that is running on background, can be triggered by device operating system and starts automatically with mobile device is turned on.

Java Microedition application, MIDlet, is not capable of running on background, application is on most device events be default paused. There is very little about listening to operating system events, mostly everything is querying. And as I said before, there is no way to start MIDlet automatically on device start up.

So arrive of SMS will push your application to paused state from which you can call your application back and run it on received message to determinate if it is spam. However by doing so you already lost the opportunity to do it quietly without user know it and user have to trigger the action.

You can still try to develop such application as it is possible, but you will give up on main idea and this for me is unsuccessful project with wasted time and resources. Sorry...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.