Making an Android app for my senior project. The app that the professor wants will have approximately 225 strings. It's basic Q and A with the questions and answers always being in the same order. Would it be better to use the sql database or the strings xml to store all the strings? I would guess database, but I am totally new to mobile development so I wanted to check.

If you leave your name and credentials, I'll cite you in my proposal. No biggie if you don't want to.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Put it in XML as it gives you easy way parsing it as whole blocks. Example:

<question>
  <answerOne/>
  <answerTwo/>
  <answerThree/>
  <correctAnswer/>
</question>

Oh, I like that a lot. Keeps it real clean. I was afraid a giant xml file would look sloppy.

Oh, I like that a lot. Keeps it real clean. I was afraid a giant xml file would look sloppy.

for a professional application, it would be sloppy. Database is a lot better for those.
For a homework assignment, using a flat file like that is however a viable solution unless you're being tested on your ability to use the database functionality.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.